Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Logistical question

flachickflachick Posts: 25
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
We are planning on making pizza tonight on our large egg.  After that, I would like to take the temp down to 250 and do an overnight Boston Butt. I know I need the charcoal up to the top of the fire grate for the high temp cook.  Do you suppose there will be enough left to cook overnight without refilling? Or will there be too much ash?  What is the best way to get the temp down in a reasonable period of time? I was thinking of putting the daisy wheel on, barely cracked open, and all but closing the bottom vent.  We've successfully done several boston butts overnight, but never as a second cook of the night.  Any advice would be welcome. 

Comments