Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

chicken breast

dreben
dreben Posts: 3
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
want to cook chicken for the first time
any ideas. and what not to do advice for me. i never enoyed cooking chicken. but its time for me to man up and impress my wife, so i will take some input if any of you have the time. i have some boneless chicken breast in the freezeer that i am going to take out.

Comments

• stevesails
    stevesails Posts: 990

just watch to make sure you dont overcook them.  (burn).  i do a raised grid, at 350-375.  try to flip once, and usually marinde in whatever is in the pantry/refrig.

XL   Walled Lake, MI

• cazzy
    cazzy Posts: 9,136
    Do you have a thermometer? Cook to 165 and they'll be perfect.

Chicken is a breeze on the egg. Everyone has there own method. I stabilize the egg at 350-375. I will cook on each side for about 5 minutes until I get the color I want. Then I will thermapen and pull off at 165.

I can't recommend seasoning cause it changes everyday. I can't wait to try Dizzy Pig!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,669
    Something with cumin is always good (to me).
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• dreben
    dreben Posts: 3
    got it guys. still a rookie with this boy. thanks
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Boneless skinless, or on the bone with skin? Regardless go to 165 as stated.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• eggo
    eggo Posts: 492
    Just cooked my first spatchedcock chicken and it turned out great. Check out my post "spatchedcock chicken and mustard". Two 8lb chickens took 1hr 10 mins to get to 165 degrees in the breast.
    Eggo in N. MS