Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re so close to Thanksgiving that we can taste it and we’re ready to help you prepare the most delicious Thanksgiving feast you’ve ever cooked! Check out our Turkey Cheat Sheet for turkey tips, our Thanksgiving page for turkey recipes, and our Holiday Entertaining Publication for all other Thanksgiving needs to help you make this the best Thanksgiving yet! PS. Don’t forget about breakfast Thanksgiving morning either!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here

Large cast iron grid on top of adjustable rig

trout1trout1 Posts: 60
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum
I know this is not recommended.  Does anyone use the large cast iron grid on top of the adjustable rig?  If so, do you ever have trouble with it sliding?  I have bought one but I haven't used it yet.  I have the spider, but the one for it is only 13''.  If I needed to cook more than two steaks at once seems like the large would be a better way to go.  you also could cook several hamburgers or other things on it.  I don't want to buy both, but if I should just keep the large I would like to use it on top of the rig to get more use of it.  What are your thoughts on this delemma?  Also, what are your thoughts on a cast iron grid in general?  This is my first post.  Any help on this would be appreaciated.  Thanks.

Comments