Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
National BBQ Month sure was tasty! We hope you got to try just as many new BBQ recipes as we did and some old favorites as well. If not, you can find all our BBQ recipes here and try them out all summer long. One of our favorites was Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise and Ted Reader’s Rum Injected Sweet Potatoes. As the weather’s heating up, use your EGG for a cool treat-Ice Cream Sandwiches! Keep an eye out for some Father’s Day recipes from chefs & their dads, coming soon!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Smoked Country Ribs?

rclark1187rclark1187 Posts: 7
edited March 2012 in EggHead Forum

Hello everyone,

We were planning on smoking ribs today. Yesterday, my wife picked up country ribs (singles) instead of baby backs. Has anyone tried smoking the country ribs? Should I just go get some baby backs?

·

Comments

• Smoke those babies!!  They are a little more trouble.  Next time get St. Louis style cut.  Cooked right, I like them better then BB!
    ·
  • Love smoked country ribs!  Take longer, but they taste great.  I spritz with apple juice every 45 minutes to keep moist and build up a glaze that mixes well with a basic pork rib rub.
    Love smoking chicken...but they are hard to keep lit ;-) http://daveyrayland.wordpress.com/ Small Egg / Weber OTG 22" / CharGriller Trio / Masterbuilt 30" Electric
    ·
  • gdenbygdenby Posts: 4,476
    For future reference, "country ribs" are usually slices of pork butt. Not ribs at all. I think they are harder to make tender than spares. I prefer to cut out the tough stuff, and use the pieces for kabobs.
    ·