Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Fish on BGE

Options
nineee
nineee Posts: 41
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

I cooked fish last night and potatoes in an iron skillet.  The fish was Alaskan Pollock and I thought it was a little too delicate for the grill.  But I'm trying to get experience.  Next time I'll try salmon. Has anyone actually smoked fish on the BGE and what kind of fish did you use? nineee

Comments

• nineee
    nineee Posts: 41
    Options
    Oops.  I forgot to mention the second picture is mango salsa.
  • Little Steven
    Options
    I've done all kinds of fish. For the less firm types I use parchment on the grill

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

mahi-mahi is always good

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Dayum, Mickey,  that looks great !!  What kind of topping do you have on it?

The meat looks delicate.  Can you compare it to red snapper?  I've never had mahi mahi before.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Little Steven
    Options

Gary,

Closer to sea bass. It used to be called dolphin

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options

Gary it's just Flipper (not).... It is very good on the grill or fried. It is one of few I will buy over snapper. I use Bad Byron's Jubilee on all seafood and might have chopped some very fine japalapenos.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Little Steven
    Options
    Ok Mr. right on the dot...it used to be called dolphin fish

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    Steven (Gary butt out) I sure wish you could make it down our way in Mid March. Lot's of your friends will be here and we will put Gary way off to one side :bz

• Little Steven
    Options

We will be away that week on holidays but I will try my best next year. Going to try and get some Bomba to you to share around at the fest.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Village Idiot
    Options
    Huh?  There's something going on in mid-March?

:O

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Janssen14
    Options
    I've smoked salmon before.. Smoked at 180 with alder wood.. Best I've ever had!
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Mickey loves some Eggfest no doubt. His neighbors told me he is already walking around his yard in his kilt and boots, practicing cooks, etc. I feel like the few of us you haven't invited should feel left out, Mickey. :-\"
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Little Steven
    Options
    Mickey ordered a special mini-kilt for the event or so I have been told

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• Mickey
    Options
    Chubbs you go to the top of the invite list. Please come to Texas my friend. We have 2 guys riding m/c's from PA to get here (last year and this year). Also from Mexico. and Calf.... So, how far are you?

• Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Never been to Texas before. I am in South Carolina. My wife lived in Austin before we started dating. Texas is definitely on my list of places to go. I was just messing with you. Not this year my friend. I have my first baby on the way so hanging out on my porch with the egg until then....
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
  • Mickey
    Options

First congrates on that Baby. Small world, we are only 45 miles north of Austin. See you next year and don't pay any mind to Village Idot (he is very old and we help him a lot just getting back home).

=))

• Doc_Eggerton
    Options
    Love salmon.  I like to dry rub, the wifey likes to cure with Dichicko's garlic peri-peri.

XXL #82 out of the first 100, XLGE X 2, LBGE (gave this one to daughter 1.0) , MBGE (now in the hands of iloveagoodyoke daughter 2.0) and lots of toys