Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We’re feeling pretty super, how about you? The big game is fast approaching, and while we love football, we love an excuse to invite people over and cook even more! You too can cook like a champion with recipes from Dr. BBQ’s NFL Gameday Cookbook: Grilled Tuna Sandwiches from Seattle and Baked Brie from New England. Who’s going to win? You’ll have to cook both to find out.

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Fish on BGE

nineeenineee Posts: 41
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

I cooked fish last night and potatoes in an iron skillet.  The fish was Alaskan Pollock and I thought it was a little too delicate for the grill.  But I'm trying to get experience.  Next time I'll try salmon. Has anyone actually smoked fish on the BGE and what kind of fish did you use? nineee

·

Comments

• nineeenineee Posts: 41
    Oops.  I forgot to mention the second picture is mango salsa.
    ·
  • I've done all kinds of fish. For the less firm types I use parchment on the grill

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 15,443

mahi-mahi is always good

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • Dayum, Mickey,  that looks great !!  What kind of topping do you have on it?

The meat looks delicate.  Can you compare it to red snapper?  I've never had mahi mahi before.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • Gary,

Closer to sea bass. It used to be called dolphin

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·

Gary it's just Flipper (not).... It is very good on the grill or fried. It is one of few I will buy over snapper. I use Bad Byron's Jubilee on all seafood and might have chopped some very fine japalapenos.

Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max +++ 5th Salado EggFest is March 14, 2015 http://saladoeggheadgathering.blogspot.com

·
  • Ok Mr. right on the dot...it used to be called dolphin fish

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Steven (Gary butt out) I sure wish you could make it down our way in Mid March. Lot's of your friends will be here and we will put Gary way off to one side :bz

·
  • We will be away that week on holidays but I will try my best next year. Going to try and get some Bomba to you to share around at the fest.

Steve

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Huh?  There's something going on in mid-March?

:O

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Gateway to the Hill Country

·
  • I've smoked salmon before.. Smoked at 180 with alder wood.. Best I've ever had!
    ·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 3,938
    Mickey loves some Eggfest no doubt. His neighbors told me he is already walking around his yard in his kilt and boots, practicing cooks, etc. I feel like the few of us you haven't invited should feel left out, Mickey. :-\"
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Mickey ordered a special mini-kilt for the event or so I have been told

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
    Chubbs you go to the top of the invite list. Please come to Texas my friend. We have 2 guys riding m/c's from PA to get here (last year and this year). Also from Mexico. and Calf.... So, how far are you?

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 3,938
    Never been to Texas before. I am in South Carolina. My wife lived in Austin before we started dating. Texas is definitely on my list of places to go. I was just messing with you. Not this year my friend. I have my first baby on the way so hanging out on my porch with the egg until then....
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·

First congrates on that Baby. Small world, we are only 45 miles north of Austin. See you next year and don't pay any mind to Village Idot (he is very old and we help him a lot just getting back home).

=))

·
  • Love salmon.  I like to dry rub, the wifey likes to cure with Dichicko's garlic peri-peri.
    Smoked Salmon 2-3-12.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 184K
    Salmon 1.jpg
    1280 x 1024 - 178K
    Salmon After 2-18-12.jpg
    3648 x 2736 - 3M
    Pasquali Luciano
    Buon appetito to all the BGE family
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·