Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket and Rib cook question

Options
clweed
clweed Posts: 70
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I'll be cooking my first brisket and ribs on the egg this weekend.[p]I have the grill extender and today I purchased the plate setter, What would be the best way to set up the cook? The brisket is 8 lbs. and the ribs are about 5 lbs. each.[p]Should I cook the brisket first(12-14 hrs) and then the ribs or try to cook them at the same time?[p]Thanks,[p]Lee

Comments

• Unknown
    Options
    clweed,
    Since you have the extender, do both at the same time. I would put the brisket on the bottom and the ribs on the top.The brisket can use the juice of the ribs to keep it tender. Take them off when done. As you know, they will be done at different times. 225 dome. Personally, I think the brisket is a lousy cut of meat best cooked in a pot of cabbage or made into jerky. I am sure that will get some fired up. Just my opinion. lol[p]Jerry

• Rumrunner
    Rumrunner Posts: 563
    Options
    brisket.jpg
    <p />Jwirlwind, nasty, ugly piece of meat ;)

• Grumpa
    Grumpa Posts: 861
    Options
    Rumrunner,[p]Looks "dry" too.
    NOT![p]I'll be right over.[p]BOB

• Unknown
    Options
    Rumrunner,
    That is so funny. I thought that would get someones attention. Just kidding though. Personally, I am not a brisket person. I know some love it. I also know that the Egg can make any piece of meat come alive. It does look good though. Actually, unless I buy the meat, I do not get any beef or pork in my house. My wife will not eat either no matter what it looks like or taste like. So, when I use the egg, it usually has chicken on it for her. But I won't pass a good ribeye for any piece of meat. [p]Jerry