Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Big Green Egg DigiQ DX2

dlk7
dlk7 Posts: 1,053
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
I'm buying the XL tonight and wanted to pick up a digiq dx2 also.  The store where I'm shopping has a Big Green Egg DigiQ DX2 branded controler that says it is for medium, large, and xl eggs but the box and the literature in the box doesn't say what CFM fan it has.  Does anyone know if the BGE branded unit has a 10 CFM fan or is it the smaller 4 CFM?

Two XL BGEs - So Happy!!!!

Waunakee, WI

Comments

• Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    It is a 10 CFM.  It works great on an XL out of the box. 
  • dlk7
    Thanks!!!!

Waunakee, WI

• How does the price compare to buying from The BBQ Guru?
    The Naked Whiz
  • dlk7
    It retails at the store for $319 but since I'm buying the XL and an expensive ceramic grill cart my wife says I "need", I'm getting a discount on all of the accessories.  Should bring it down to the $280 range.  The BBQ Guru was about $270.  I'm big on supporting local businesses so the extra $10 is ok with me.

Waunakee, WI

• Yeah, the $10 bucks isn't an issue.  On the other hand, I consider The BBQ Guru folks to be friends and the equivalent of buying local.  Shotgun Fred, BBQ Bob and Kenny are all great people and it's always been a pleasure dealing with them. 
    The Naked Whiz
  • dlk7
    That's exactly why I joined this forum.  You guys and gals are the input us new folks need to make good decisions.  I will look to all of these guys for my needs going forward.  Thanks for giving me your recommendations.  I've only been on the forum for a week and I've seen how much you personally help others.  Who is Kenny?

Waunakee, WI

• MikeBoyle
    MikeBoyle Posts: 1
    Just got the digiq 2x and have a few questions... I'm assuming that you start the egg as you normally would and then close lid and start the blower and wait until it gets to temp. What about the daisy wheel top. ?
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    dlk7 said:
    Who is Kenny?
    Kenny Baker, Dir of Operations. Nice guy.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    MikeBoyle said:
    Just got the digiq 2x and have a few questions... I'm assuming that you start the egg as you normally would and then close lid and start the blower and wait until it gets to temp. What about the daisy wheel top. ?
    I usually let mine burn for a bit before I close the dome. I leave the petals on the DFMT open about 1/8" for the duration.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• dougbacker
    dougbacker Posts: 277
    Carolina Q Said

--------------------------------------------------------
    South Dakota
    KBØQBT
    Large BGE, 
    Mini BGE
    36" Blackstone Griddle
    Phoenix Gasser