Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

The weekend ripoff

Options
13»

Comments

• IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    I just picked up 2 bags of RO at WallMart for 6.47 a bag as well - 10 lbers.  I took a quick walk through their meat market and I couldn't believe they are selling packer briskets, also saw some beef ribs - nevercooked them before so I took a pass this time.  Anyone have any luck/issues with their meats?   
  • Rebellab
    Options
    The wife and I were there about two months ago and they had a meat cutter out walking the cooler.  He asked if he could tell us about the changes they were making.  I can only assume these changes were nationwide.  They are no longer injecting with a sodium solution to extend shelf life.  They are also getting all their beef out our Nebraska.  That doesn't mean a lot to me, but it means that it is not coming from overseas.  I live on Hwy 83 and it is very busy with cattle trucks from Canada, and most if not all are headed to Nebraska.  I have gotten tri-tip and a small 6# brisket from them.  It was good, but I haven't purchase either from the butcher that I get the good stuff from.  They were getting a lot of complaints according to this gentleman and it was nice to know they were making an effort.
    LBGE South Dakota
  • MeAndTheDog
    Options
    Has anybody thought about making their own charcoal? Wondering if it is feasible
    Conway, S.C.
  • paulheels
    Options
    @MeAnd TheDog, Conway!! I am from Mcbee, you may or may not know.  Welcome

Paul
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • MeAndTheDog
    Options
    @paulheels don't really know how to do that little turn the name green thing. Yeah mcbee is right up the road I had some family there. Thanks
    Conway, S.C.