Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Lobes on or off?

RRP
RRP Posts: 25,880
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Regarding a Lodge trivet - does one grind the three lobes off or leave them on? Thanks to all you "old timers" with the "gone before you helpful attitudes"! Perhaps us newbies can repay you someway on up the road!!!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• Cat
    Cat Posts: 556
    RRP,[p]I left them on & it seems to work fine. I spotted a trivet shortly after my ceramic grate broke in two; I was going to replace the ceramic but haven't noticed any performance problems with the trivet so I'm sticking with it for now.[p]Cathy
  • Char-Woody
    Char-Woody Posts: 2,642
    Cat, check your shoes for stickum stuff..(Dang I wanna use a phrase here) :-) And your correct as usual..leave the bumps on as it helps vent the edges for a better charcoal burn.
    Cheers..C~W[p]

• Nature Boy
    Nature Boy Posts: 8,687
    RRP,
    Like Cat says, leave those lobes on. They don't get in the way. The biggest tip on the trivet, I learned from Tim, flip it over once in a while when it starts to sag.[p]Yeah, the "old timers" here are very helpul and patient. We are very lucky to have the likes of Cat, JJ, CW, KennyG, Mr. Toad, the Colonel and many others. Real lucky. Our late friend Bill Miller got it rolling, and maintained it with class. Now it is the best forum on the internet, and has become sort of a family. The sharing is contagious. I felt guilty as hell at the beginning because people were so willing to help...and spend quite a bit of time answering my questions...yet I had nothing to share..except my results. After nearly a year on the forum, it is clear that the reports of both successes and failures are all important. The vets learn a lot from the newbies, and viceee versee.[p]Lucky
    NB

DizzyPigBBQ.com
    Twitter: @dizzypigbbq
    Facebook: Dizzy Pig Seasonings
    Instagram: @DizzyPigBBQ