Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

First time with Ribs

Options
tim665214
tim665214 Posts: 6
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
I am wanting to do ribs this weekend.  I figure to keep it simple.  Dry rub, no foil, and last 45 minutes or so add sauce (maybe).  The problem is I need to be able to do as many racks as possible since the kids and their spouses are coming over.  How many racks can I do on a Large BGE?  I have an elevated rack, or I can pick up a rib rack if need be.

Also, I am talking about Pork Spareribs, not baby-backs.

Thanks

Tim

Comments

• Kentucky Wildcat Fan
    Options

The most I've ever done at once is 8 racks of baby backs so I'd guess about 6 spares.  I used a rib rack, cut a few bones off each end and stacked those end pieces on top.  Just rotate them and you should be good.

Large & MiniMax in Lexington, KY
  • Chubbs
    Chubbs Posts: 6,929
    Options
    Yeah you may be able to get 6 racks of spares. I cooked a few racks this past weekend. If you are looking for a rub / sauce combo I would suggest the combo I used this past weekend. The best ribs I have had. I grabbed a bottle of BGE custom rub and gave it a very liberal coat. Cooked them five hours indirect and then basted them with Bone Suckin Sauce. Cooked an additional hour. So, that's 5-0-1. Seriously the best ribs I have had. As a low country boy, that is saying a lot.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013