Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Italian Sausages

Doc_EggertonDoc_Eggerton Posts: 4,383
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Soon to be joined by grilled veggies.
Pasquali Luciano
Buon appetito to all the BGE family
XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE and lots of toys

·

Comments

• ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,277
    Those look great Doc? Do you simmer in beer or anything before you put them on egg?
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • Sy71Sy71 Posts: 20
    Never simmer Italian in anything other than spaghetti sauce, otherwise you loose all the flavor into unusable, warm beer flavored water. Brats work well to parboil in beer, alo great slow and low, careful not to let them split, another good way to loose flavor. Jut my .02...

·
  • ChubbsChubbs Posts: 5,277
    I simmered my Italians in beer last weekend and then threw them on the egg the same cooking time as a spatchcock (roughly and hour). Came out great.
    Columbia, SC --- LBGE 2011 -- MINI BGE 2013
    ·
  • No special treatment.  I have found that using the Egg I can indulge a craving for sausage by combining with grilled veggie, and have a much lower ratio of sausage to veggies and still be satisfied. There are two cooks I cite for the BGE being something different; sausage and boneless, skinless chicken.  Neither are fancy, and both turn out so much better on the Egg.-
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • In between and after.
    Pasquali Luciano

·
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 7,964
    In between and after.
    That looks great Doc!!  Did you throw it on bread or over rice?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
    ·
  • Just stirred in with grilled veggies.

Pasquali Luciano

·
  • Those look good!  I made beer-braised italian sausages for dinner tonight and even made a video for my blog of the process.  They aren't done on an egg though so I'm sorta weak on the idea of posting that here.  I'll have the egg soon hopefully!
    ·
  • Hey Doc,I hoped the Limes went in a Margarita
    LET'S EAT
    ·
  • lwrehmlwrehm Posts: 197
    Just a comment from "Brat City" USA...if you want to cook our brats correctly never never never par-boil a brat in anything.  Just cook them slow, turning often, and then to a warm bath of beer and onions  (never boil).
    ·
  • Hey Doc,I hoped the Limes went in a Margarita
    Naw, Corona.
    Pasquali Luciano

·