Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Who’s ready for football and tailgating? We are! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are great to bring to a tailgate, or cook at home if you’re entertaining friends during a game. If you need an easy breakfast recipe, these Sticky Buns are the way to go. If you’re looking for a fan favorite with bacon, try these Double Pork Sliders. We can’t wait to kick off another fall full of tasty food!

Coming to Atlanta for EGGtoberfest? Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340 - NOTE we are CLOSED on Saturday OCT 10th for EGGtoberfest.

Pork Loin the EGG

DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Just put a pork loin roast on the egg. Byrons Butt Rub and some Hickory chips. Planning to cook to about 145 then pull of and rest, should end up at about 155 when I slice it. 

5.69 pounds from Sams Club Top Loin Roast

If there are no photos it didn't happen...

More photos to come later.

BBQ since 2010 - Oh my, what I was missing.

• DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    Loin is off the grill and resting...

Sliced up ready to plate...
  • bhuggbhugg Posts: 184
    Looks darn tasty. Well done.
    Large BGE Dallas, TX
  • Sy71Sy71 Posts: 20
    Looks great, how long did it take?
  • BOWHUNRBOWHUNR Posts: 1,472
    Beautiful!!  Well done David!!

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • DMurfDMurf Posts: 481
    @ Sy71 Probably a couple of hours at 300. Really don't know as I use a remote temp probe and cooked to 147 then let rest for about 15 min. 

It is very tasty, and the best part is that it is still as juicy and tender today as last night. I see some sandwiches in my future...
  • MickeyMickey Posts: 16,517
    WOW... nice cook man
    Salado TX Egg Family: 2 Large and a very well used Mini, just added a Mini Max (I'm good for now). 

• cazzycazzy Posts: 8,412
    Looks delish!!  Good work!
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....