Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egg mates/shelves

Options
EGC71
EGC71 Posts: 29
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
I have had BGE for several weeks and just purchased mates.Does anyone have tips or advice on installing the mates for a large BGE? Do I remove from nest? Do I have to remove dome? Bought mates new online still in box with no instructions. Advice or tips needed please.

Comments

• tjp1060
    Options

You dont need to remove the lid, just keep it closed. Put a wire-tie around the hinge near the springs to keep the band from springing open.  Loosen the bottom band enough that you can insert the mounting studs thru the predrilled holes in the band. Once these four studs (two on each side) are inserted in the band, you can tighten the band up. Then you can attach the shelf bracket to the studs. I tried to scan the directions on our scanner but that POS wasnt working so I took a photo and attached it here. Hopefully, you can print the photo and read what it says.

• EGC71
    EGC71 Posts: 29
    Options
    Thanks tjp1060
  • tjp1060
    Options
    You're welcome. I hope it helps.