Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Come and get em Austin, TX

Options
IrishDevl
IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
http://austin.craigslist.org/for/2863779668.html

From the other forum, figured I would also post here.

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

I do not sell Eggs  myself. I only do the Salado EggFest and our host dealer Keiths Ace Hardware sells the Eggs. At Salado EggFest a Large with the Nest and Platesetter is $745 AND YOU GET THE LIFETIME WARRANTY. Just saying.....

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• IrishDevl
    Options
    This is a good post then, got you to present some other options.  And as a valued member of this forum, your voice is very much appreciated.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    I know what you're saying Mickey, but the add does say they are an authorized BGE dealer and "all Eggs will come with a warranty."

Mike

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Mickey
    Options

Mike I could say I will sell you a new Toy ota for $20.00 with all fees paid.  You come and pick up your toy Ota doll and have a good day. I sure would want  Egg Hq. in Georgia or min of Paragon Distributing (Texas and some surrounding states distributor of BGE) to ok that deal in writing. Also it says up front that no internet sales are warrantied. Just be real careful. One last item: "all Eggs will come with a warranty" does not mean it is warrantied. Only that one is in the box. If you buy from an internet provider you will still get a warranty in the box but BGE's states no warranty.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Mickey
    Options
    This is a good post then, got you to present some other options.  And as a valued member of this forum, your voice is very much appreciated.
    Please Sir I am not the voice of knowing here. I just can tell you that all may not be as it seems. You MUST check this out for yourself with BGE or Paragon Distributing.  Also both Salado and Texas Fest (BBQ Outfitters) will provide the (for sure) warranty Eggs at close to the same price of each other and both are still under the web deal's price when you include platesetter and lump.

• odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    Mickey, I think there might be a misinterpretation of what an internet sale is.  Because something is listed on Craigslist, it is not an internet sale (such as Ebay would be).  Although posted on Craigslist, the transaction is carried out in traditional manner.  As for whether the other issues you bring up invalidate the warranty, you are right, the buyer should look carefully at the fine print.  But an internet transaction, a Craigslist post is not.

• Mickey
    Options
    Mickey: you are starting to sound desperate.
    Tweev what I am saying you should also as an older forum member. I do not say that as a challange to you. Just as someone who knows the rules. I don't make a dime off this and if they by a demo from Salado or the Texas Fest in Austin it changes nothing for me.As if they buy from this CregsList. I just am saying that one must get proof that the warrany will be good. And the demo's are a better buy. Tweev I am asking for your reply on this. Your thoughts.

• Mickey
    Options
    Mickey, I think there might be a misinterpretation of what an internet sale is.  Because something is listed on Craigslist, it is not an internet sale (such as Ebay would be).  Although posted on Craigslist, the transaction is carried out in traditional manner.  As for whether the other issues you bring up invalidate the warranty, you are right, the buyer should look carefully at the fine print.  But an internet transaction, a Craigslist post is not.

Odie I have never bought from Cregslist. Why would they not name a store?  It has to be brick and morter. And you could be correct, just they need to be sure on the warranty.

• odie91
    odie91 Posts: 541
    Options
    Ah, I see.  Craigslist is just like placing a wanted ad in the local newspaper, but it's free!  It brings buyers and sellers together, but the following transactions are done outside of Craigslist.  Your local Ace hardware would even be allowed to advertise their Green Eggs on Craislist to bring buyers into the store.

Odie I have never bought from Cregslist. Why would they not name a store?  It has to be brick and morter. And you could be correct, just they need to be sure on the warranty.

• txbbq
    txbbq Posts: 16
    Options
    Ive sent them an email already as I was considering a second one and they sent me back who they are. (Wife nixed it unfortunately). This is the company

They are a dealer.

CB Hardware
    505-D Cypress Creek Rd
    Cedar Park, TX. 78613   US

• zreddog
    Options
    This place is right down the street from me. They are an authorized dealer. Although not were I purchased mine :)
  • Mickey
    Options
    Thanks for the update guys. Like I said all along, if they are authorized dealer fine.  The warranty is always good that way.

• Mustangman
    Options
    I bought an egg from that company, CB Hardware, and they were awesome. They are very knowledgeable and offer me a free coke or water every time I walk in. I paid $675 for a large egg and a free bag of charcoal. They even delivered the egg to my house nearby for free! I highly recommend them!
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    Mustang - let me give you some advice, for your first post try something different (see above first post 9:43).  I would have much more respect if the owner (or worker) for CB Hardware (this is you) came on here and posted something like this:  " I own a hardware store in XYZ, we are the ones that give a free Coke or water when you walk in, but we have great deals on eggs ranging from $X-Y."  Works much better than the nonsense you just posted - and I doubt anyone would care.
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    Mustangman 9:43PM Quote
    I bought an egg from that company, CB Hardware, and they were awesome. They are very knowledgeable and offer me a free coke or water every time I walk in. I paid $675 for a large egg and a free bag of charcoal. They even delivered the egg to my house nearby for free! I highly recommend them!