Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Indirect on the mini

Options
jmsmrdk
jmsmrdk Posts: 87
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
mini woo ring? 

Comments

• Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Yes and Amazon sells a pair of pizza stones 8" that make a very nice indirect setup. But be sure your Mini has a 10" grate as the 9.5 will not fit the Woo you order.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• jmsmrdk
    Options
    I do have the 10". Thanks Mickey
  • billyray
    billyray Posts: 1,275
    Options

Mickey

Are you an Ace Hardware dealer by chance?

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • travisstrick
    Options
    Mickey sells a lot of things. None of them are BGE related. What he does, he does out of kindness and not for profit. 
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • Mickey
    edited February 2012
    Options

Travis is correct. The only Egg I have ever sold was my 6 year old Small a few weeks ago. I do the Salado Fest and have Keiths Ace Hardware in Salado backing it up with Demo Eggs but I have no tie-in at all with them (have not seen a check yet). When I have said something about selling it is the Demo Eggs for the Salado EggFest and those are sold by the store. Back to the indirect: first pic is with Mini Woo (can't tell you why the fire ring is pulled, must have been cooking something with height). Second pic is with the (only one) pizza stone setting on Mini Woo for indirect cook.Now if cooking pizza you would add the second stone on top of the grate. This Mini will cook some pizza.....

imageimage
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• billyray
    Options

travisstrick

Mickey

I think you guys might have taken my question about being an Ace dealer the wrong way. It's an honorable profession and I am one.

Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small, PBC, PK360, Genesis Summit, Camp Chef Flattop, Smokefire 24, Traeger Pro Series 22 Pellet with a Smoke Daddy insert, Gateway 55 Gal. drum, SNS Kettle w/acc.
  • Mickey
    Options
    Very honorable and very glad to get more people like you posting as your advice is very welcome and needed. I sometimes will go on about something I find that works and I like. Do you sell Eggs? And where? As long as you do not say " Here at my store on Wed we are holding a XXX sale" all is cool". Do you hold a Fest or weekend demos? Good info billyray and please pass on to us what is new. But I bet most of your info is like mine in the car business in that you get it from a reading in a paper/mag first or some customer has picked it up on the internet.

• billyray
    Options

Mickey

We do sell eggs in the Santa Cruz, Ca. and surrounding area. Currently the kids are running the stores, but I'll be doing the weekend demo's, because I love to cook and talk. Hopefully we'll be able to add Wicked Good Charcoal to our stores soon, as Ace is planning to have it in all the distribution centers in the near future. We've been Ace dealers since the early '70's. Long time Weber dealers, but just started with the Egg about 8 months ago. When I first looked at the Egg back in the mid '80s, they didn't have any distribution to the west coast and the freight made it to expensive to stock. Wished I'd have bought one back then, I would have 25 plus years experience by now.

• Mickey
    Options
    Billy can I make a suggestion. Put up a computer at the Egg display with the forum showing. After the customer see's (?) that a couple of times bet you have a sell. You will find 95% of Egg owners have never seen this or the other forum. It is their loss. That and the weekend cooks sure help sell Eggs. You will have customes happy to cook for a couple of hours and sell Eggs for you.....

• billyray
    Options
    Great idea about the computer at the display. I'll pass it along to some of the kids. I'll have to make it seem like their idea to get it done fast. :))
  • Mickey
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Ok billyray as you are not busy. Hope on a Southwest flight and come to Austin. We are 60 miles from the Austin Airport for the Salado EggFest March 17th... Not like you don't have the time now... I can tell you :ar! Travisstrick will be here as well as VillageIdot and boatbum as well. And many others.

• billyray
    Options
    I'd love to come, but we are leaving on a road trip with some friends that day. Heading to Roswell, NM.
  • smasch
    smasch Posts: 115
    Options
    Roswell NM.........Probably more interesting than Roswell, GA.  I hope our ACE stores here start stocking the Wicked Good soon. 
    Owner of LBGE, Antique Komodo Green in Color. Proud Career Firefighter. Johns Creek / South Forsyth GA
  • billyray
    Options
    We have an order placed for WGC as soon as the Rocklin, Ca. distribution center gets it in. I'll post when it's in stock.
  • Mickey
    Options

billyray we have a couple coming from Roswell, NM.

• billyray
    Options

smasch

If they don't stock it you can have them special order it for you. Ask them to check for SKU #8322786

• pab
    pab Posts: 273
    Options
    Mikey- I think the advice on having a computer with this forum next to the Egg disply is spot on. My dealer is more of a gas grill/garden center guy and doesn't have or use an egg himself. I have talked to several of his prospective customers when I have visited the store and always tell them about the forum. If the dealer had a lap top there and they could see this site he would have a few more buyers!
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
  • billyray
    Options

Mickey

The suggestion about the computer was great. I passed it on and the kids are on their way to buy and iPad this afternoon. Thanks again for the idea!

• Mickey
    Options
    Good deal. Send my commission check to:................................................. Billy I have passed that thought to two dealers and not done, ?????????????? Good for your kids.

• billyray
    Options
    Along with kids are nieces and nephews that are running the stores. I probably should quit calling them kids, as they range in ages from early 30's to early 40's. It's nice to see how much smarter I'm getting in their eyes as they get older. =))
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

I agree with Mickey's comments about dealers should be promoting this forum.   This forum makes for happier Egg owners which translates into - well.... a bunch of good thing.   I found it by accident, later was in the dealer one day and mentioned it - they had never heard of it.

Cookin in Texas