Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Woo 3 with CGW Swing Rack?

Options
tmackie
tmackie Posts: 67
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have the Ceramic Grill Works Swing Rack and a Woo 3 from Ceramic Grill Store? 

I ordered the Swing Rack on Feb 13 and expect it to ship any day now and was wondering if the Woo 3 will work ok with it. Just want to make sure that it can support the weight of the Swing Rack and that it fits ok. Pics of this setup would be most appreciated!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Comments

• joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options

I have the swing rack...but I am curious - for raised grid cooks why wouldn't you just use the top rack of the swing rack?  These are my pork steaks last night about 1 inch above the felt line and I could adjust higher if needed.

• joe@bge
    Options
    Although...with the woo3, you could do a indirect setup with a pizza stone - so that's another reason to use the woo3 if you don't have a platesetter.  I think the woo3 should be able to support the CI swing rack it looks pretty well made.
  • tmackie
    Options
    Thanks Joe!

I will wait until the Swing Rack comes in. I do have a platesetter.

How much travel is in the Swing Rack? You said your pic was an inch above the felt line and you could've went higher. How much higher?
  • joe@bge
    Options
    I would have to check for an exact measurement, but I would think at least another inch easy.  The way I have it set now, I can put the platesetter in with both racks installed and I am pretty sure there is at least an inch or more of adjustment available.  You will love the swing rack.  It seemed pricey to me at first, but it is the best eggcessory I have bought to date.  B-)