Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Platesetter Cracked

TxAg93TxAg93 Posts: 124
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
I noticed that my platesetter had developed a crack a few weeks ago and then Saturday it finally split in two. Two questions, is it covered by warrantee, as its less than 3 months old; second question, if it's not covered, any ideas on how to fix it? Thanks

Comments

• Fix with J.B Weld
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • No warranty. I have seen a few with broken PS and still using them hopefully they will
    Chime in and help
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • nemonemo Posts: 106
    After 6 months my platesetter broke in 3. Brought it to my dealer who replaced it on the spot. Dealer...Elliotts Hardware in Plano, TX. Great dealer...great BGE company!!!
    Fairview, Texas
  • @nemo. Awesome. Depends
    On dealer.
    thebearditspeaks.com. Go there. I write it.
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    Thought I saw a recent post where it was covered. Check back a page or two
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • TxAg93TxAg93 Posts: 124
    Thanks y'all. I guess it won't hurt to swing it by the dealer and see what they say. If not I guess JB Weld will do it
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    I would, three months ain't cuttin it.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Mine broke and was covered no prob !!
  • Mine was covered as well. Definately check with your dealer.
    BOOMER!
  • R2Egg2QR2Egg2Q Posts: 1,656
    edited February 2012
    Mine developed a crack and was covered by my dealer.  No problem. I don't believe JB Weld can hold up to very high heat.  
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs
    Bay Area, CA
  • I have had several break over the years. I think they have a 3 year replacement but not 100% on that. I had a few that were covered.
    Living the good life in MACDonna
  • edited February 2012
    I did a high heat clean with the PS in the XL BGE.  I noticed a hairline crack in it.  Took it to my local dealer, the dealer and BGE rep took pictures so if it breaks I can get a new one.
    Running it by the dealer tomorrow and will find out their verdict. Fingers crossed.
    The dealer replaced it, no problems. Very pleased with the outcome.
  • How old was your plate setter?

3 months give or take a few days.
  • The one I did not get replaced were more than several years old. I feel a little better now. Thanks