Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s that time of year again-time to hop on out to your backyard for an EGG hunt. If you’re lucky, you’ll only have to search as far as your patio! Planning on cooking Easter Sunday? Check out our Easter Menu. If you’re looking for a sweet treat to enjoy with the whole family, try at least one of our sweet treats, if not both: Grilled Peeps & Carrot Cupcakes. Lastly, if you’re having company, our Pinterest page has lots of ideas for entertaining. We hope you have an EGGstra tasty holiday!

The Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new location and check out the museum! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

faulty maverick 732?

gooddogjudgegooddogjudge Posts: 94
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
I assume when I turn off the receiver, it should stay off.  Or is it supposed to blink at me constantly?

I think the on/off switch is faulty. 

Also, do you have to push the button 250 times to increase at 1 degree increments from default (176) to desired temp or can you toggle down?
·

Comments

• Off should be off, no blinking and I think mine only goes up not down till it starts over, kind of a pain.
    ·
  • billyraybillyray Posts: 1,120
    Are you holding the on/off button down for a few seconds or just pushing it and letting go? To increase the temp setting, you can hold it down and it will advance fast.
    Felton, Ca. 2-LBGE, 1-Small and waiting on a mini
    ·
  • Are you holding the on/off button down for a few seconds or just pushing it and letting go? To increase the temp setting, you can hold it down and it will advance fast.
    Well the fast advance works like you say but the on/off must be broken.  Glad my wife keeps receipts!

Thanks for the help!
    ·