Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

I tried it: Dry Aged Beef

13»

Comments

• Little StevenLittle Steven Posts: 27,258
    edited February 2012

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Grinning ear to ear....going to get a soda and shut my office door before I indulge.....Ohhhh....the memories......
    ·
  • Laughed out loud through the entire thing!  Stikes first response to Fidel caused an outburst that had my office mate popping in from next door ask what was wrong!!!!!!  A true classic, with the whole host of characters....it was a lively bunch, fo sho!

However, I did find your comment about the 3 lesbians a little offensive...but thats just me...not that there is anything wrong with it!

·
  • Moi?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

·
  • Wait....never mind.....
    ·
  • Don't stir the pot LFG
    ·
  • Smak, Tell how your stuff did. Stir the pot. I really want to know? If we have some diffs so what?
    Located in Western North Carolina
    ·
  • smaksmak Posts: 77
    @mustgrill - I thought you were asking how I cooked the steaks. I guess you were at my dry aging process.

I rinsed the beef and patted it dry. Threw it in the bottom of the basement fridge. Took a picture once a week.

When I sliced it up I did minimal trimming ( hanging tags, overly thick/hard fat, etc) leaving as much of the "dried" portion as possible.

I chose that method because it was the least amount of work :).
    Leesburg, VA
    ·
  • 4Runner4Runner Posts: 1,550
    Plus 1 on the grabbing of Giada's a$$.    Can't figure out how that got into this thread but sure glad it did!   :D
    Joe - I'm a reformed gasser-holic aka 4Runner Columbia, SC Wonderful BGE Resource Site: http://www.nakedwhiz.com/ceramicfaq.htm and http://www.nibblemethis.com/
    What am I drinking now?   Woodford....neat
    ·
  • stikestike Posts: 15,597
    @smak: ; you chose well. that's real dry aging. no towels, bags, nuthin. a lot of systems and methods seem to want to reinvent the wheel.  and then they go and trim the thing anyway.

yours is the best way.  keep at it.
    as a variation, if you like the stronger taste, is to wet age in cryo for 40-60 days, then dry age a further 45 or so, more or less

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
    ·