Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Merry Christmas and may your holiday be filled with delicious food and loved ones...to help you devour the food! Our Holiday Entertaining Guide can help if you’re still making a Christmas menu. If you’re looking for fun, last minute holiday activities, check out EGGcellent Sugar Cookies, BGE Cake Pops, Santa Hat Brownies, Pig Candy or Holiday Drinks! See you in the New Year EGGheads!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Most expensive

IrishDevlIrishDevl Posts: 1,390
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I was heading upstate NY last weekend and I wanted to stop at this specific famous butcher for the first time.  Anyway, great spot, fantastic meat. So heading up there I wanted to possibly pick up a boston butt; my local NJ butcher has fantastic BB and charges around $2.50 per/lb (boneless).  Not cheap, but doable and the quality is excellent.  I went to this famous upstate NY butcher and the cost there was an unbelievable $8.99/lb for bone in and 10.99 per/lb for boneless. Now I completely understand and appreciate paying up for quality, but come on, that is insane and I can't believe anything sells at that price - but no doubt they do.  Can anyone beat that or have I found the most expensive BB on the market.  

And what else can you throw out there that is ridiculously expensive?  And I am not looking for I saw a Kobe ribeye for $XX.  However, if you see a 
prime ribeye and it was insane I would love to hear about it.       

Comments