Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

What to set the egg on it the table

meat73meat73 Posts: 140
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

What has everyone used to set the egg on in their table?  I looked yesterday and couldnt find one piece of slate big enough all I could find were smaller ones and would need multiple to fill the hole.  Those that have used slate where have you got if from? Thinking about using paver stones and the feet that come with the egg will it work?

Thanks

Comments

• Meat,  I found my slate at two different places.  First was a garden nursery that had some landscaping stone.  The second was at a place that sold all kinds of stone for landscaping, building walls, etc.  Be advised, that every piece of slate I used broke in half eventually, and ultimately I just accepted that I'd have two pieces of slate under the Egg which fit together like they had once been joined, lol.  Good luck.
    The Naked Whiz
  • meat73meat73 Posts: 140
    How thick is the slate you have been using?
  • RvRamblersRvRamblers Posts: 7
    edited February 2012

• Moved to Table forum.
  • meat73meat73 Posts: 140
    How thick of slate does it need to ve