Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Hop on down to your nearest EGG dealer this week to pick up some Easter EGGcessories! Here are a few that may be useful for Easter, the V-rack, electric charcoal lighter and flexible skewers! Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Is mahi-mahi safe to eat?

stikestike Posts: 15,597
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Got a great couple fillets here for dinner, but on the way home had a nagging thought.  You know me, always with the over-analysis....  Anyway, I vaguely remembered a study or news article I read I think in 2011, about mahi-mahi fishing.  I can't for the life of me remember if the issue was that mahi-mahi was itself maybe unsafe for humans to eat, or that it might be harmful to fish for them in the first place, because of the bycatch.  I didn't read it in depth.

Anybody know if mahi-mahi is safe to eat, mercury-wise?  I'd hate to feed it to my wife and child, there are already enough dangers kids face these days.  ...or is it a matter of the way they are fished (bad in itself, but at least the food we have for dinner is ok).

Maybe I should just do some googling. but thought I'd ask here first.  BGEers have a depth of knowledge.  Amazing what they know.
Thanks in advance.
ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante

Comments