Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

DigiQ bashing of mustgrill

Options
mustgrill
mustgrill Posts: 141
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

I have posted little rebuttal on youtube about the Watch it and enjoy! OMG it's on.....

Located in Western North Carolina

Comments

• Little Steven
    Options
    Do you have one with subtitles?

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mustgrill
    Options
    Subtitles are you so ignorant you can't hear english?
  • Salty Hogs BBQ
    Options
    Good job. I love your style. From a multiple personality in Canada.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Options
    :-? I got nothing.
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    i don't think anyone bashed you.  they just said that not everyone needs a powered draft unit.

i sleep all night without one.  therefore I don't need one. you may not be able to.  that's fine.
    don't take it so harshly.

ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Little Steven
    Options

I have posted little rebuttal on youtube about the value of draft control. Damn, I can't wait to hear the **** storm tornado this stirs up! :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eW7Splmez2I

Watch it and enjoy! OMG it's on.....

You said you couldn't wait for a shitstorm

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• mustgrill
    Options
    OK Cliff             Chill! It's my turn. ..... There will be more owners of BGE see my vid than read your spew! :)
  • stike
    Options
    wanna bet?
    do the math. you'll need 13,490 views.

seriously though, i hope you are joking.  if you took such offense to people simply saying that a powered draft wasn't necessary, then i pity the poor person who accidentally cuts you off in a parking lot.

it's fine for you to use one of those things.  i just don't comprehend why i am supposed to also need one.
    no one bashed anyone.  and saying you felt bashed doesn't mean you were.

• Mighty_Quinn
    Options
    It sounds like since most everyone on the first thread didn't see the need, OP took that to mean they were bashing him because he couldn't control temps without one.

Go with whatever works for you OP.
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    Chill out mustgrill. Be respectful of your acceptance to this forum. Everybody has there own ways of doing things. No big deal.
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • mustgrill
    Options

Oh did I say something wrong? I hope not. I know this place can get loud and proud; fast. Look up temp control post, you must have forgot what you said to mustgrill. No I don't blow my horn nor do I blow, but I did get some vile remarks and I am a newbie, but hey what the hell, I can take and I can give it back. Pay it foward I always say. :)

• Little Steven
    Options
    I wasn't trying to be vile. It was meant to be a joke. I apologise for my insensitivity

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• stike
    Options
    you didn't "vile remarks" from me.  i never once "bashed" you.  nothing i said was inflammatory.
    man. i do not get it.  seems all someone has to do is disagree, and they take it as a full-on onslaught.

anyone who can find anything i said in that thread which is 'bashing' or "vile", let me know.  hundred bucks to your charity of choice.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Options
    I just reread the thread and didn't see any vile remarks from anyone directed towards anyone.
  • stike
    Options
    one dude characterized it as 'bashing'.  other than that, the only thing i was offended by was that littlesteven is still allowed to post here.  but that's not  power-draft issue.
    :))
  • mustgrill
    Options

Guys chill, this is what I am trying to point out. You people go fricking nutz, I knew this would happen? I am going to cook my brisket tonight and using the Digiq and I hope all of you have a good night. I will post some pictures. Damn I think I am starting to like this place. But the vid stays on youtube, tell  your friends.

Stike, bashing was going on, now I am bashing and I admit it, such is life.

Time to cook my Brisket, Yum Yum Yum.....

• mustgrill
    Options
    Oh one more thing You Tube is a great thing also. Think about it?
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options
    I don't recall the thread, so i don't know if Stike disrespected you or not, but that was 4.5 minutes that I'd like back.  Would have been cool if you actually showed it doing something rather than 4 minutes of ranting and 30 seconds of talking about the product. 

Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
  • stike
    Options
    show me bashing, and like i said, hundred bucks to your charity.  i am not responsible for other people bashing.  (and i didn't see any of that either)

as for youtube being great... not sure what you are getting at. 

• pab
    pab Posts: 273
    Options
    I posted on that thread twice, and at no time were my remarks on the use of technology directed at you, but the kids I teach at school who don't see the need to know anything because of the 'net. I'm sorry if I stepped on any toes by my posts. HH who posted after me hit on what I meant to convey. I'm new at this too. No harm meant here.
    Nerk Ahia LBGE
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    man, ya can tell it's winter but still a mild one when compared to years' past..........put me in the mood to pour a summer time drink while gettin' ready to grill a couple ribeyes.......so tipping a cool vodka lemonade to ya'll.......t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • NightwingXP
    Options
    I agree Tom. Supposed to rain on Tues here I believe :-)
    Only 3 things in life matter. Family, Steelers and my BGE!!
  • gerhardk
    gerhardk Posts: 942
    Options
    @mustgrill, I read this and the other thread with an open mind and I saw no bashing in the video on the other hand............

Gerhard
  • OLD NORTH STATE BBQ CO.
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Unfortunately I just watched the YouTube video. I wish I had the last 4 minutes and 14 seconds of my life back.

I think mustgrill needs to be put in timeout for a little while. Seriously dude, relax.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL