Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

This is boring

clbegis
clbegis Posts: 6
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Almost!  I have had my egg for about 6 months now and absolutely love it.  I have done steak, ribs, chicken, butts, pizza, poppers, you name it.  I use it every time I can.

I am smoking a butt for and after party tonight, about 11:30 by the time our hockey game wraps up.  To get the timing right, I have to cook all through the day.  To accomplish this, I decided to work from home to keep an eye on things.   I woke up at 4:30 and got the fire started.  It leveled out to 245 at the grate about about 5:00.  Threw the butt on and set my alarms.  I have the remote thermometer which is sitting on my desk as I work.  I have sat here for most of the day, the dang grate temp will not move.  It has been sitting at 245 - 248 ALL day.  This is kind of boring.

Ok, just kidding.  Love my EGG!!!  

Comments