Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope everyone’s enjoying the first few days of summer. For us, the weather heating up means one thing - the EGG’s gonna be busy! Whether you’re making stuffed burgers for a backyard grill out, some brats before a baseball game or searing a steak for dinner on the patio, we hope you’re doing it with full flavor and having fun all the while!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

FIRST TIME BAKING ON THE EGG

MillsyMillsy Posts: 104
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
I BOUGHT A NEW TOY FOR MAKING DOUGH .I MADE PIZZA DOUGH AND THOUGHT I WOULD TRY MY OWN KAISER BUNS.THEY CAME OUT GREAT.I GOT THE IDEA FROM ANOTHER FOURM BUT ALWAYS WANTED TO BAKE ON THE EGG.
·

Comments

• Jer_invaJer_inva Posts: 109
    The Kaiser buns look fantastic. Can you post the recipe?  Jer
    ·
  • Hey I have one of those. Well, actually, it is my daughter's. She let's me use it.

Fine looking rolls there
    Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)
    ·
  • It looks like you've been baking for years.  Good job !

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • MillsyMillsy Posts: 104
    The Kaiser buns look fantastic. Can you post the recipe?  Jer

I followed this recipe.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/belles-hamburger-buns/

And then used this method.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zRU-zANzqj4

·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    edited February 2012
    Does the kitchen aid make any difference in the quality of the dough? Or does it just make the job easier? Been mixing pizzas by hand.

Great looking rolls!
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • hogaholichogaholic Posts: 225
    edited February 2012
    I think it makes it easier and faster. Dough is more uniform
    Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)
    ·
    Does the kitchen aid make any difference in the quality of the dough? Or does it just make the job easier? Been mixing pizzas by hand.

Great looking rolls!

I DONT KNOW ABOUT THE QUALITY BUT IT SURE WAS EASY.IT CALLED FOR 8 MINUTES IN THE MIXER OR 10 BY HAND.
    ·
  • Mighty_QuinnMighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    edited February 2012
    Just makes it easier.
    ·
  • MawgerMawger Posts: 40

You sure got some pretty buns!  Thanks for the links. I have the Kitchenaid and will be

trying this.

·
  • Millsy - just an net-iquette note: typing in all caps is considered shouting. Hamburger buns look great! 
    ·
    Millsy - just an net-iquette note: typing in all caps is considered shouting. Hamburger buns look great! 

Thanks,I find it easier to read is why i do it.
    ·