Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s almost Halloween and if you’re cooking on your EGG, you may end up with more people knocking on your door asking for pork chops than candy! In case you’re willing to share and want to please a crowd, we recommend warm Margherita Pizza, FGL’s Lemon Pepper Wings or our favorite, S’mores in a Cone!

If you missed the 17th Annual EGGtoberfest here are the highlights Click Here Fall is upon us, and it's a great time for getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Intro - gasket replacement question

daveyray72daveyray72 Posts: 67
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Very new to the forum...glad to be on board.  I have lurked for a couple of months and gotten some great information.  I was given an old small egg last year from a friend that was not being used.  By old, I mean old hinge style...not spring assist band, and old style top also.  I have used the egg a handful of times, and it becomes more pleasant every time.

Tonight I am installing a new top, a new spring assist band, and a new gasket which will make this thing as close to new as I can.  Any tips on the gasket replacement?  That is the only part of the update that I have any concerns with at this point.

Love smoking chicken...but they are hard to keep lit ;-)
http://daveyrayland.wordpress.com/
Small Egg / Weber OTG 22" / CharGriller Trio / Masterbuilt 30" Electric

Comments