Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

No knead pizza dough.

Options
2»

Comments

• Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Options
    @ GrannyX4

No, I just used the bread flour that I had on hand. I didn't really roll the dough. I like to try and throw it in the air. Not very good at it, but they shaped out nicely. Can you roll them out with a pin? Never tried that.

While building the second one, the egg climbed to about 650. Brought it down but of course the stone was still hot. First pizza had a nice brown bottom. Second was darker. Kinda thinking in between the two. They were both very good.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • GrannyX4
    GrannyX4 Posts: 1,491
    Options
    I just stirred up a batch of the " no knead" dough with 1/2 bread flour and 1/2 semolina flour and instead of water I used beer. Now that should prove to be interesting. Tomorrow I will mix up Mighty Quinn's recipe and hopefully we won't have to call for delivery.

I always attempt to roll out the dough but end up stretching it instead.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
  • GrannyX4
    edited February 2012
    Options
    I just rolled out the pizza dough. Both were very easy to work with and I didn't have any snap back. Might Quinn's dough has a very nice light feel to it. The one I did with beer instead if water has a brewery smell to it. I guess later we will find out if that is a good thing.

I have cooked pizzas legs up and they were very good. Next time legs down and burnt up the gasket and the pizza was OK. Tonight I'm going to do it Tweev style - raised grate, direct, at 550 dome.

The little fellows will be here in an hour.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Options
    Nice...looking forward to hearing/seeing how they turn out!
  • GrannyX4
    edited February 2012
    Options
    And the winner is .".................BOTH were very good. MQ was doughy and had a smooth texture and the no knead with beer was my favorite. It was thin and had a crunch to it which is what I like. Didn't taste the beer but it did have a nice flavor.

Sorry no pictures, first I wouldn't know how to post and second I had to have eyes in back of my head with the boys in the hot tub. Boys had dinner in there - makes for easy clean up.
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Options
    The doughy/chewiness is the semolina...glad it went well for you. I wish you could post pics!! :-w
  • GrannyX4
    Options
    Posting pictures means I would have to learn something new. I'm challenged as it is in the technology department. ;;)
  • Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    Options
    Glad it worked out for you. So did the direct setup work for you? Did you just use the stone, no setter?
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • GrannyX4
    Options
    Just the stone and no setter at 550. It was a little too hot for me or else it was the grands running around and I might have lost track of the time. But I will do it again when they aren't around and my poor little pea brain can take care of one thing at a time. ;;)