Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Used Eggs?

lizzard333
lizzard333 Posts: 19
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just wondering if anyone has a lead to purchasing a used (oops, pre-owned) egg - large or xlarge. We own a medium ... and love it. would like to add another 'member' to the family.[p]Thanks

Comments

• WessB
    WessB Posts: 6,937
    lizzard333,
    Unless you were able to possibly pick up a used egg at the headquarters in Atlanta...I would say your best and smartest bet would be to attend one of the many fests and buy a "demo" egg plus have a great time while you are there..[p]Wess

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    lizzard333,[p]People RARELY sell their eggs. As you probably already know, they are great cookers/grill/smokers. I have been looking for two years and finally bought a third egg (in serious need of repair). You may be able to find one, but Wess is right about getting a demo at one of the many fests. Where are you located?[p]Smokey

• lizzard333,What WessB said is about your best bet. Have your friends watch out at yard and estate sales. If lucky you may find one that was a gift and they just don't EGG.[p]Visit with us in Dillard at the BBQ contest first weekend in August. At least two EGG teams cooking there.[p]Good EGG hunting and Cooking,
    Poppasam[p] [p]

• lizzard333,[p]And to think Lawnranger was lucky enough to pick up his large egg, with a cart, barely used, for $200 at a garage sale or estate sale!!! That ain't gonna happen twice.[p](His son won the large egg with a redwood cart for $40 in raffle tickets at the Texas Eggfest. That is one egg-lucky family!)
  • 1shot1kill
    1shot1kill Posts: 136
    JeffH,
    The sun shines on a dog a$$ everyonce in a while my friend.
    Dad and I just happen to be to very luck dogs!!!

• lizzard333
    Smokey,
    I'm in NE Georgia - My first egg I bought barely used (medium) for $100...we use it a ton and want a larger one to 'compliment' it.
    Thanks

• lizzard333
    WessB,
    I've gotta figure out where the place is in Atlanta - I'm about 85 mi NE... thanks for your input.
    lb

• lizzard333
    Poppasam,
    When do you guys compete in Dillard? We're only 30min south. Good luck.
    lb

• lizzard333
    1shot1kill,
    Wahoo - big dog!

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    lizzard333,[p]You got very lucky once. You may not get that lucky again.[p]that said, I've got a friend in louisiana who bought a large and a small, a large table, and all the accessories from a neighbor that was moving for $300.[p]How's THAT for nuts?
  • Mark Backer, It always sold just shortly before I got there or if I got the last one next week they got plenty at half price.[p]Good Eggin to You,
    Poppasam

• lizzard333,We will be in Dillard Aug. 4,5,6,& 7. Contest is on 6th, the Johnson Resturant feeds the teams on the fourth, and it takes till Sunday to Eat breakfast at the Dillard House, regroup and head home. Great contest and great Bluegrass music.
    Come visit us,(Jus-Fer-Fun Cookig Crew)
    Ms. Diane and Poppasam

• lizzard333
    WessB,
    The 'company' in Atlanta called me less than 24 hours of posting a question to them - how cool and what great service...fyi
    lb

• lizzard333
    Poppasam,
    Well if yer competin' with an egg...guess we gotta come on and cheer ya on! [p]Good luck and thanks
    lb