Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

cake

Options
daveshannon
daveshannon Posts: 4
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
any one make a cake on the egg yet?i want to make a pineapple upside down cake for a friends birthday,my wife and i could use some help

Comments

• stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    we've got friends that do a fantastic upside down cake in the egg.  not sure why an oven is better.  maybe for more delicate stuff, but an upside down cake is pretty stable fare.

they slip a little cayenne into theirs. together with the tiny bit of smoke, it's a nice twist on cake for cake's sake

i'm no baker, and the electric oven may be better for some other types of baking, but i do know that the egg is stable at a fixed temp.  an electric oven will cycle on and off maintaining an AVERAGE temp of 350 (for ex.), going above and below that number as the element heats and cools.  the egg at 350 stays at 350.

an oven might be a drier environment, if that is important in the baking you do.

i don't believe there's any universal 'better' thing.  they each have their merits.
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante