Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
April showers bring...National BBQ Month! Are you ready for a month full of briskets, pulled pork and chicken wings? We hope so, because it’s almost here! Keep an eye out for some of our favorite BBQ recipes we’ll be sharing with you throughout the month of May.

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

some firewire kabobs....

deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

made some simple firewire kabobs last night.  ribeye and tenderloin seasoned with salt and dizzy pig raising the steaks and chicken with plowboy's yardbird rub.  some sweet peppers and mushrooms.  thanks for looking

·

Comments

• GriffinGriffin Posts: 6,768
    Simple is good and your kabobs look great!

Richardson, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

·
  • GrannyX4GrannyX4 Posts: 1,439
    Good looking dinner.
    Every day is a bonus day and every meal is a banquet in Winter Springs, Fl !
    ·
  • Ragtop99Ragtop99 Posts: 1,339
    edited February 2012
    I glad you posted.  I got a set when I bought my Egg.  Threw them in a drawer and forgot about them.  I need to get them in the rotation. 
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.
    ·
  • Egg-Ceptional Thanks. Another idea for another BGE episode.
    ·
  • KMagnusKMagnus Posts: 114
    Kabobs are a great way to put different ingredients together and usually produces very good results for me.  Your combination of goods look really great!!

-Ken
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    Looks great. I've thought about getting some fire wire but was worried about the design. I liked the fact is was able to be shaped around the grill, but thought the meat etc. would spin. Always like skewers with a flat edge to lessen this. Looks like it worked for you. Thanks for sharing
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • deepsouthdeepsouth Posts: 1,788
    these things are real easy to work with.  i hold the probe end with a "pit mit" and the other end with tongs and just flip them over.  if you get a piece of meat or veggie that rolls over on the flip, you can just use the tongs and roll that piece right over.  doesn't happen often though.  i think i had to make adjustments to a couple pieces of meat after flipping them on one of the kabobs.
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    Nice, that was my concern. Glad to know it works.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·