Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It’s time to kick back, relax and enjoy the aromas of fresh smoked meat as we sail towards summer. Not sure what to smoke? Try Down & Dizzy Pork Shoulder or Smoked Spanish Chicken. Now that Spring is in the air, it's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Following this forum and Gaining weight

boatbumboatbum Posts: 1,261
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

So, when I first got the BGE - my immediate concern was weight gain.    Found myself cooking the foods ( which are not necessarily the healthiest) much more often - which were then egg-fied and much better tasting - and consuming copious amounts of MEAT.

First adjustment - was adjust the diet other places - eating smaller portions on non Egg meals, etc.  Was kinda balancing out -- for a while.

Now I find, sitting in the office in the morning occaisonally surfing through the latest posts - and by lunch time I am starving.   The digestive juices are flowing all morning long seeing the pictures of what everyone is cooking.   I have cooks for the next 7 times I fire up the Egg planned out.

Suffice to say, much harder eating a smaller portion of anything lunch after the morning of forum browsing.   Maybe I should restrict my forum time to immediately after a meal...  Not sure if anyone else has the problem.

Cookin in Texas

Comments