Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Haywyres' spam k-bobs

Options
1shot1kill
1shot1kill Posts: 136
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I did some of the spam k-bobs that Haywyre wowed us all with at the Texasfest. Man were those things good. Thanks for shareing with us Haywyre, I dont think I have had spam in about 20 years!!

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,749
    Options
    1shot1kill,
    what did you put on the spam kabobs, i fry up a can atleast twice a month.

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Options
    350038264PmfvwT_ph.jpg
    <p />1shot1kill,
    I bet they would have been better with some pineapples or some other fruit.
    Its they only way I can eat it now. On sunday morning we followed them with Bacon,Eggs, biscuits and gravy (Yes we boiled the water in th egg )and Spam slices. All the Breakfast was done in the egg :) [p]

• 1shot1kill
    Options
    fishlessman,
    Well because I really ait too sure what is all in spam, I just gave them a little coating of garilla shaker, put them on metal scewers with pineapple chunks in between and did them elevated at @225 for about 45 min. not too shabby for a good little snack.

• haywyre
    haywyre Posts: 165
    Options
    fishlessman,
    I used some Rub that Chubby had made that had ancho chili's in it. I am making some rub tonight with roasted Pasilla Peppers and going to try that on them.

• 1shot1kill
    Options
    haywyre,
    sounds good Man I did use pineapple chunks on mine too. I cant believe that you got my wife to eat spam, but since she tried yours she came home with 2 cans of it the day after we got back from Austin and said I had to give it a try. Thanks again for broadning our eating horizons.
    Ryan