Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE lead story in Denver Post!

chuckls
chuckls Posts: 399
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
The Denver Post featured the BGE in their food section today. The author is an egger, & I think did a good job on the story. Several Colorado eggers got mention, including yours truly! Even the forum got a couple of plugs.[p]Lazy L Minifest - 11 days![p]Chuck
[ul][li]Denver Post BGE story[/ul]

Comments

• BlueSmoke
    BlueSmoke Posts: 1,678
    chuckls,
    Neat story; thanks for sharing! And congratulations too.[p]Ken

• Toy Man
    Toy Man Posts: 416
    Great article...
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    chuckls,
    Excellent article- accurate about our enthusiasm.
    Good job Chuckls!

• Smokey
    Smokey Posts: 2,468
    chuckls,[p]What a fun read. Now I cabnnot wait to do even more cooking this weekend.[p]Smokey

• Prof Dan
    Prof Dan Posts: 339
    chuckls,[p]Really enjoyed the article, with one minor quibble -- it made it sound like Egging is a hassle and a big ritual. It doesn't have to be -- I Egg several times a week, with no more fanfare than using my ordinary gas bbq. [OK, I admit it -- sometimes I make a big deal out of it, just to impress my guests.]
  • badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Mornin' chuckls,
    I've been having the vague feeling that something was missing from my eggsperience, a hooded robe. The family already thinks I've lost my mind. I wonder if they'll let me take my large eggs to the sanitarium?
    Good article, thanks.
    bruce

• chuckls
    I just reread the story, and our own Nature Boy and Fishlessman also made the article! Hey, you guys are famous - but we knew that already.[p]Chuck
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    badbruce,
    a hooded robe would be nice for those rainy days when im out cooking and the neighbors are laughing at me pointing fingers thru the windows. maybe that would scare em enough not to laugh so loud

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    chuckls,[p]Thanks for the link, great story.[p]Mike
  • JSlot
    JSlot Posts: 1,218
    Great article. I think Mr. Brown captured the essence of being a true Egghead, although I'm sure he'll suffer the wrath of QBabe, Mollyshark et. al. Acknowledgement of the fairer sex's bbq skills is essential for male members of the cult to maintain peace and harmony in the fold (i.e. please don't upset the womenfolk!!!).[p]Frosty Ones!
    Jim

• GrillMeister
    GrillMeister Posts: 1,608
    chuckls,[p]Great story! [p]Grill Great Food Now! Ask Me How![p]Sounds like the makings of BGE button to wear or a bumper sticker:)

Cheers,

GrillMeister
    Austin, Texas
  • QBabe
    QBabe Posts: 2,275
    chuckls,[p]Nice article, except for the part that says he doesn't believe it's a co-ed group. He obviously didn't stick around the forum much...[p]Geez,
    Tonia
    :~)

• The Naked Whiz
    The Naked Whiz Posts: 7,777
    chuckls,
    I guess he just couldn't get "The Naked Whiz" past is editors, huh? LOL! Also, I was surprised he included a salmon recipe from Steve Raichlen when we have our own master of salmon here on the forum. He has not been totally assimilated, obviously....[p]TNW

The Naked Whiz
  • QBabe,[p]You go girl! Flash that co-ed signon![p]They have to be *blind* not to notice the flurry of activity around our famous MollyShark. <Go Molly>[p]How can they tell who's female from the nicknames anyway?[p]I thought the proportion of girl eggs and boy eggs was pretty balanced in Florida.[p]yoyo
  • JSlot,[p]Well, I admit to being surprised by one thing: Never seen needle-nose pliers in a recipe before!
  • badbruce
    badbruce Posts: 353
    Hi fishlessman,
    I can see it now, a group of us in hooded robes in a semicircle doing an Egg jig with some sort of Druid chant, now that would be cool.
    Your neighbors laugh at you too? One neighbor told me a couple of weeks back that it's almost bbq season. I couldn't believe it, bbq season, he doesn't Q at least 5 days a week & he actually thinks it's seasonal. And they point @ me & stare.
    bruce

• eggor
    eggor Posts: 777
    chuckls, i picked up a copy this morning, and didn't get a chance to look at the hard copy till just now. He really did a great job on the article!!![p]For those that will just see what is on the website, just wanted to let you know that the printed version has lots more pictures. Including one of my photos!!![p]Scott

• Steve-B
    Steve-B Posts: 339
    chuckls,[p]Nice article! The recipe for your almonds is great! I am going to have to those ago soon. Nice to see you get credit for a great recipe. [p]Steve-B
  • chuckls
    Steve-B,[p]Thanks! You can find that recipe, and some BBQ movies, on my BGE page at the link.[p]Chuck
    [ul][li]chuckls' BGE web page[/ul]