Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

"New" to Forum

Options
NecessaryIndulg
NecessaryIndulg Posts: 1,298
edited February 2012 in Forum List
Just wanted to introduce myself.  I used to be on the old forum YEARS ago as Kris in FL (for anyone who remembers me).  This new site looks great!  I look forward to jumping in again and talking food with you all.
I'm Kristi ~ Live in FL ~ BGE since 2003.
I write about food & travel on Necessary Indulgences.  
You can also find me on FacebookInstagram, and Twitter.

Comments

• Village Idiot
    Village Idiot Posts: 6,959
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Welcome back, Kristi !  It's about time we added a little class to the forum.  I look forward to your cooks with pictures.

I just scanned your site.  Great stuff there.  I will spend more time there later.  Anybody that uses fish sauce is a friend of mine.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• travisstrick
    Options
    Hi Kristi. Welcome.
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
  • hogaholic
    hogaholic Posts: 225
    edited February 2012
    Options
    Kristi,

Welcome "back".  I sorta did the same thing as you in regard to posting on the old site, took a bit of a hiatus, then back over here.  The new forum is so much easier to use IMO (except for the search feature which is pretty crummy).

I love your website!  I read about your Island hopper experience and it brought back memories of a somewhat similar vacation I had in college.  My sister was an exchange student to Australia in 1980.  The family she stayed with in Sydney invited us over for a visit in the summer of 1982.  I went with my mom and sister and we were gone over a month.  We stopped in Hawaii for 6 days, the Fiji Islands for 4 days then on to Sydney for another 3 weeks.

We landed in Fiji at night, but it reminded me very much of the airports and pictures you posted from Micronesia and the Marshall Islands.  Customs in Fiji then consisted of a security official looking at your passport and recording your arrival with a tick mark on a dirty piece of paper.  After the plane landed and we taxied to the "terminal", we were relieved to see the word "Fiji" made with Christmas tree lights on the exterior of the building.  What an adventure.

Welcome back to the forum and please participate regularly.  I have bookmarked your very interesting website and will no doubt enjoy reading it.

Where do you call home by the way?

Jackson, Tennessee. VFL (Vol for Life)
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    Options
    Welcome!
    Interesting site, It's 8:00 am and I want those steak taco's right now!
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    Thanks, Guys!  I live on the east coast of Florida, about 30 miles south of Kennedy Space Center. 
    @Village Idiot:  Fish Sauce rules ;)
    @hogaholic:  That sounds like a really fun adventure! 
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Welcome aboard Kristi. Took a look at your site and then looked you up on Food Buzz. Sent you a friend request and gave you some buzz. Can't wait to look at your site more. jealous of your trip.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    Thanks for the buzz, Griffin!  I haven't been over there in so long...
  • joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options
    Welcome back...Going to check out your site.
  • boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options
    Welcome aboard...
    Cookin in Texas
  • NecessaryIndulg
    Options
    Traveling with a 2 year old will be tough but you might as well break her/him in early! :)
    ...but this time we'd have a 2 year old in tow. I've never travelled like that with a kid and it sounds daunting.