Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
As we round out National BBQ Month, we hope you’ve gotten to try some new recipes that will keep you cooking all summer long. Check out our Smoking Basics Publication. For delicious recipes, try Justin Moore’s BBQ Shrimp, Greg Bate’s BBQ Dr. Pepper Chicken, Bobby Flay’s Chicken Thighs or Dr. BBQ’s new Maple Brined Pork Chops. Need dessert? Finish off your meal with some Planked Twinkies. Get ready for some fun summer happenings!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Trying ribs.....again

kmcadillac44kmcadillac44 Posts: 31
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
So I'm back in the saddle after VERY mixed results -  first time I did ribs they were fantactic (high spot) -  did 9 racks at Thanksgiving and they were not good.  Today I'm trying 2 racks and they are smoking at 260 degrees rack temperature.  So my question -  who wraps in foil after 3 hours and who just lets them go until done?  I was goping to try wrapping this time but not sure if it is really necessary
·

Comments

• Baby backs,St.Louis or what? You will get a variety of answers. I do 5-0-1. 5 hrs at 250 dome temp and 1 hour with the sauce, No foil. And I do prefer the St.Louis over the baby backs
    LET'S EAT
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    I put two racks of bb's on at 12 cst. This time I'm gonna foil after 3. Plan on foiling for 1.5 to 2 hours. Check where they are at and finish uncovered. I may just finish indirect uncovered for an hour or so, or finish them direct. Haven't decided yet.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • I'm doing baby backs -  the sauce doesn't burn after being on an hour?
    ·
  • I do it all indirect with the platesetter with a pan of water/apple juice.
    LET'S EAT
    ·