Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Heating pulled pork

Options
Philicious
Philicious Posts: 346
edited February 2012 in Pork
OK.  After a 13 hour smoke, the 2 butts are pulled.  I am serving them tomorrow.  Any suggestions on the best way to re-heat the meat?  I have not done anything to the meat yet, i.e., no sauce yet.
Born and raised in NOLA. Now live in East TN.

Comments

• medic119
    Options

Place in foil pan and wrap with foil.  Heat oven to 200 degrees.  Heat to 160 degrees.  Should take 1 to 1.5 hours.

Thomas Bubba's BBQ and Harris Family Catering Pigs on the Run Competition BBQ Team Medic-Que BBQ Team, LBGE, Party Q
  • ChokeOnSmoke
    Options
    I always put mine in a slow cooker and turn on low with a little liquid of some sort.
    Packerland, Wisconsin

• ribmaster
    Options
    what chokeonsmoke does well for a party. It will keep it ready for the duration. Dr Pepper is a good fluid. pineapple juice, apple juice, and a little soy or worchestere also.
    I grill therefore I am.....not hungy.
  • stilllaughing
    Options
    I use low sodium chicken broth to reheat. Although you can't really taste the soda like Coke I prefer not having the sugar added in.
  • YukonBill
    Options
    I like putting it in a dutch oven. The pot retains so much heat that it will stay warm for a whole and if you load up the top of the Dutch oven with charcoal towards the end (not too long!) you can get some good crispy bits on the top. Plus you get some good style points IMHO....looks good on the buffet table.
  • thechief96
    thechief96 Posts: 1,908
    Options
    I have heated mine by putting in some coke (regular only) in a crock pot on low.Half a cup or so. You can't taste the coke at all. Works real well.
    Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney