Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I know it's only Tuesday, but...

Options
Mark Backer
Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
who's already planning their weekend cooking schedule and what they'll be cooking? [p]I am going to do a couple more recipes out of drbbq's book including the 10 hour butts and the shorter cooked brisket just for fun. I also want to do some ribs, a couple of ribeyes at some point, and I'm sure we'll do a couple pork tenderloins for the company.[p]Anybody else got some good ideas? [p]p.s. asked my butcher about a tri-tip, and all he said was that if I had a special occasion coming up to call him and he'd save one for me. Otherwise, it's ground up and used. [p]What a tragedy. maybe I'll tell him this weekend's a special occasion...

Comments

• Car Wash Mike
    Car Wash Mike Posts: 11,244
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    Time to find another butcher. Mine can't keep them in stock.[p]Lets see, ribs, that probably shocks you. Got to have steaks one night.[p]Boy glad it is only Tuesday, I need ideas as well.[p]Mike

• Mark Backer
    Mark Backer Posts: 1,018
    Options
    Car Wash Mike,[p]Haven't made abt's in a while, and my company this weekend loves hot food, so I might go that route. Bacon wrapped scallops are fun. Oh, and some maple syrup cedar plank salmon may be called for as well.[p]And when we're done, I'll roast some marshmallows over the top of the chiminea!!
  • Adrian B.
    Adrian B. Posts: 124
    Options
    Mark Backer, I too will be doing a boston butt this weekend. I made up a batch of Dr. BBQ's rub from his book, and I'll be using it on the butt. I'll cook it overnight and take it to my parent's house on Sunday. Once we're over there I'll make one of the sauces from that book. I'll probably go ahead and take some extra rub in case they want to do any burgers. I used it on burgers last night and was very impressed. [p]I might do a white sauce chicken or two on Monday. And a couple of pizzas one day.

• egghead2004
    egghead2004 Posts: 430
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    Friday it will be sirloin strip steak, maybe tenderloin, what ever looks better.[p]Saturday on the small will be either a pork loin or a spatchcock chicken with roasted garlic.[p]Meanwhle the large will be getting ready for the always great pulled pork picnic shoulder. Maybe I'll just get crazy and try my first brisket too, those will go on Saturday night for Sunday afternoon.[p]Monday...well I do have some loin back ribs in the freezer, we'll see how much pulled pork is left over.[p]yup the eggs are going to get a workout this weekend.

• katman
    katman Posts: 331
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    Darn, tell the butcher you want some tri-tip if he is going to charge you burger prices! It's not real common around here. The only place that has it regularly is Trader Joes--$5.89/lb. I think I will do some tandoori salmon and some fresh mako if I hear of any hitting the docks. Starting to get some nice soft crabs so I need to use up the ones I have in the freezer so that's the seafood "healthy" option. Ribs and one of drbbq's quick briskets might complete the weekend.

• MasterMason
    MasterMason Posts: 243
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    It is funny how different areas have different cuts, A butcher here in CA would go out of business if he didn't have tri tips, but I can't find a packer cut brisket to save my life.

• Parrothead
    Parrothead Posts: 101
    Options
    Mark Backer,
    The day ends in "y" right? sounds like a special occasion to me!![p]wobbly pop to ya,[p]PH

Wobbly Pops to ya, Chris