Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Searing ribeyes and porkchops at same time

Options
GK59
GK59 Posts: 501
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum

Any thoughts at doing these at the same time? Been doing the steaks 3 3 3 at 600 plus . Need to eat togather.3/4-1" RE 1/2" chops.

On another note.Has anyone used a smaller contained fire on a LGE. Hate to fill-up the grill for a 10 minute cook.Yet get the 600*.

Thanks Bill

Smitty's Kid's BBQ

Bay City,MI

Comments

• GreenhawK
    Options
    If you want the chops done, and the steaks med rare, I think you can do them side by side.  I usually cook chops at about 3 3 3.  
    Large BGE Decatur, AL
  • Ragtop99
    Ragtop99 Posts: 1,570
    Options

On another note.Has anyone used a smaller contained fire on a LGE. Hate to fill-up the grill for a 10 minute cook.Yet get the 600*.

I have an XL and for a recent cook simply scooped the left over lump in the Egg and put it in a chimney to light.  I then poured the hot lump on one side and spread the coals over a small area to cook.  No fancy divider needed. 
    Cooking on an XL and Medium in Bethesda, MD.