Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

PartyQ's are starting to ship.

Options
Mickey
Mickey Posts: 19,674
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
Lisa from BBQ Guru just called and my PartyQ will ship Friday. There has been a back order and my name has come up and my Party Q is on the way.... Lisa said still somewhat of a backorder going on.
Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

Comments

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Great news!  Did they give you a free carry case for the wait?  Mines been on back order since the first week of Dec.

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Village Idiot
    Options
    I have a Stoker that transmits to my computer for control.  I don't use it very much, but looking forward to using it on my 11 pound brisket packer for Sunday's Superbowl.

I'm sure you'll really like your PartyQ.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

• Mickey
    Options

Mike no free carry case for wait. Yours should be soon.

Gary I hope to like it. I never took the Digi Q out of the carry case it came it. Did not want to get into the wires.

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    I ordered after you and got a case??  You got jobbed Mickey!! ;):D

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Mickey
    Options
    I think it only right then you send me your case. Oh well, some you win and some you should just stay home on.

• Egts
    Egts Posts: 27
    Options
    Mine ships on Monday
  • JayHawkEye
    Options
    Anybody get their PartyQ delivered yet? Mine shipped right away and I'm still waiting...
    "Take yourself lightly, but what you do seriously." - M. Martin XL BGE - Johnston, IA
  • Janssen14
    Options
    I got mine in 4 days
  • waegger
    Options
    I got mine last thursday 2/9, cooked 6 1/2 lb butt over the weekend. PQ worked great.
  • Janssen14
    Options
    I cooked a butt too.. It took 19 hrs at 250 the only issue I had was the batteries went dead about an hour before it was done it was 15 degrees out so im sure that had something to do with it
  • Janssen14
    Options
    Other than that it worked perfectly
  • waegger
    Options
    on my cook it was 45 degrees out, took 13 1/2 hrs at 240. maintained temp well. on the menu it tells me that i have used about 50% of battery life. i think it helps to be close to your target temp befor starting power up. save on battery life.
  • Mickey
    edited February 2012
    Options
    on my cook it was 45 degrees out, took 13 1/2 hrs at 240. maintained temp well. on the menu it tells me that i have used about 50% of battery life. i think it helps to be close to your target temp befor starting power up. save on battery life.
    Got to tell you I thought the same on need to be close to target temp. I had a long talk with Lisa today and she said no. Let the PartyQ do all the work. I had a bad experance with it, have talked to Lisa, have checked in boiling water is it is fine. The problem is me, how you can screw-up something that easy is unbelivable (but I did) ((Yes Tweeve you can chime in here)), I thought somewhere from Lisa or one of the forums someone said get near target temp then turn it on. That is not correct per  HQ.... No problem with unit, all with operator.