Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It doesn’t get much hotter than the EGG cookin’ in July! Make sure to keep yourself hydrated with a bit of whatever you’re using for the Beer Can Chicken. Ice Cream Sandwiches are also a great way to stay cool. Looking for some great ideas for a summer cook out? Try out a Pimento Cheeseburger or Dr. BBQ’s Spare Rib Surprise. Just don’t be surprised if your neighbors stop by for a quick bite when they smell what you’re cooking!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Metal BGE table

lljllj Posts: 4
edited January 2012 in EGG Table Forum
Didn't have a lot of space to work with and didn't want a big table to try and keep clean.  I built this out of 1 1/4" square tubing and 1 1/4" angle iron. The top is a custom made slab of granite dropped into an angle iron frame and the two bottom shelves are plywood.  It's really all the table I need and it makes it easy to move the egg to the other side of the patio when the wind changes. I plan on putting casters on the table too. image
·

Comments

• bigguy136bigguy136 Posts: 1,020
    Looks good?

Big Lake, Minnesota

2X Large BGE, 1 Mini Max, Stokers, Adjustable Rig

·
  • BGElovrBGElovr Posts: 83
    I really like that concept. Great thinking on your part bigguy! =D>
    ·
  • bghiiibghiii Posts: 25
    Very nice.
    ·
  • travisstricktravisstrick Posts: 4,851
    WOW! super cool
    Be careful, man! I've got a beverage here.
    ·
  • Good design.
    Large BGE Dyersburg TN
    ·
  • Very creative. Nice craftsmanship.

"Where the weak grow strong and the strong grow great, Here's to "Down Home," the Old North State!"

Med & XL

·
  • Very nice!! I may have to make one like that...
    ·
  • MillsyMillsy Posts: 104
    I HAVE THE SAME PROBLEM WITH SPACE.I THINK A SIDE TABLE LIKE THAT WOULD WORK PERFECT.
    ·
  • EZEGGEZEGG Posts: 49
    Nice job, I like the thinking outside the box!  Looks great!
    Eric O. RMBBQA Member Blog - http://smokeontherockies.com/ Large Big Green Egg
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    Great idea and you could actually have another on the other side if needed.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • Very Very Nice. Like Gato said, you could have another for the other side. I love the size. It doesn't take up a lot of room but gives you lots of room for things. Is there angle iron on the curved side of the table as well,or is it sitting on just 3 sides of the table? 
    ·
  • i like it. wheels would make it awesome!
    ·
  • OP- be careful when you add the casters...you don't want to raise the table to a height where it is higher than the bottom half of the egg...at least I wouldn't want that.
    ·
  • And make sure those casters have a brake. maybe he could trim the legs on the table to allow for the height of the casters, I hear you Quinn, to high would not be practical.
    ·
  • lljllj Posts: 4
    Very Very Nice. Like Gato said, you could have another for the other side. I love the size. It doesn't take up a lot of room but gives you lots of room for things. Is there angle iron on the curved side of the table as well,or is it sitting on just 3 sides of the table? 
    I did curve a piece of angle iron for the egg side.  I just cut the angle about every 1/2" and bent it around a pattern I had made for it and welded it up.  I made a pattern out of plywood that just sat in side the frame and took it to the granite fabricator.
    ·
    OP- be careful when you add the casters...you don't want to raise the table to a height where it is higher than the bottom half of the egg...at least I wouldn't want that.
    I will definitely cut the legs off a little before I install the casters. I just wish I had put the bottom shelf a little higher.  I forgot to mention that the whole table with the granite was less than $130.00.
    ·
  • I love that design. I have a small deck off the back of the house, so a larger table for the egg and then the patio table with 6 chairs gets way to crowded, This would be perfect. Did you just wing it as far as measurements or did you have plans from someone. I don't have a welder but maybe I could make it out of 2x4 fir, that I have kicking around. Metal would last a lot longer. You have got me really wanting to do something now. :-\"
    ·
  • What is the measurements of the table top?
    ·
  • mwraulstmwraulst Posts: 131
    where did you pick up that sweet ash scoop?
    ·
  • GatoGato Posts: 766
    where did you pick up that sweet ash scoop?
    That is a scoop from bge. I love mine. It actually has a lip on the underside that lets it rest in the bottom vent perfectly. The just use the ash tool and clean it out.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
    edited February 2012
    What is the measurements of the table top?
    Here is the drawing of the plan I came up with.  If I was to do it again I would have the legs come straight down. It was a real bear getting the bottom shelves in because of the taper of the legs.image
    ·
  • Sweet thanks for sharing this. Got to have one. It makes so much sense for a smaller area. Thanks again
    ·