Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

So the neighbors dropped by..

Options
MaskedMarvel
MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,141
edited February 2012 in EggHead Forum
..and so far they've brought:

1- bag of BGE lump
1- bag of Jack Daniels chips
1- jar BGE sauce
1- square holed grill "wok"
1- grill glove
2 - lbs local boar sausage (shot and ground by neighbor)
2- lbs venison sausage, as above
1- bottle of scotch

... seems I never have leftovers!  Thanks, BGE!  Pizzas tomorrow!!
8-D
Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• tjp1060
    Options
    Those are the kind of neighbors you don't mind cooking for. All of that and some good conversation and you've got yourself the best evening ever.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Keep the Jack Daniels chips sealed tight or they just become oak (?) chips....... I think those are oak casks.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• boatbum
    boatbum Posts: 1,273
    Options

Guessing the bottle of Scotch is to marinade the "guests"....

Cookin in Texas
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Keep the Jack Daniels chips sealed tight or they just become oak (?) chips....... I think those are oak casks.
    Think so too...  Are they supposed to smell like Jack?  They don't, near as I can tell..
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• Hi54putty
    Hi54putty Posts: 1,873
    Options
    Is the house on the other side of them for sale?
    XL,L,S 
    Winston-Salem, NC 
  • Mickey
    Options
    Think so too...  Are they supposed to smell like Jack?  They don't, near as I can tell..
    Yep.. But if hole in bag or  not real sealed they don't.... Now, do you get any flavor in the smoke from the smell ????????????????????????????? But it is cool to smell the chips in the bag and think you will get something extra...
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• joe@bge
    joe@bge Posts: 394
    Options
    Wow...I need neighbors like this.  The only thing my neighbors bring is their appetite.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    Must be great to have good neighbors. I've been in our new house about 2 months and have not met mine and have only seen the ones on one side. Oh well, at least they don't bother us.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Mickey
    Options
    Must be great to have good neighbors. I've been in our new house about 2 months and have not met mine and have only seen the ones on one side. Oh well, at least they don't bother us.
    I would call the police. With your egg going as  much as the posted pictures show, they are dead friend.