Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
It feels as though we’ve waited forever for college football to start, and finally the wait is over! Check out our tailgating page for recipes that are sure to become fan favorites. As an added bonus, the day before Labor Day is National Bacon Day and we don’t know about you, but we like putting bacon on anything and everything, so we’ll definitely be celebrating that. It's time to think about getting out to one of the many #EGGfests around the country - see a list here

Pizza

SteveWPBFLSteveWPBFL Posts: 1,244
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Not exactly new item. But. Grilled our first pizza on the BGE tonight and experienced whatever that flavor is you get from grilling pizza on the egg. WHAT IS IT??? the charcoal I suppose but we don't notice it so much in the meats if we don't use smoke. Wife loved it (you know what that means!).

Grilled it indirect with platesetter legs down BGE stable at 500F. Threw the pizza on with a cold Pampered Chef stone and it was done in 10-11 minutes. Next time I'll go a little longer, or try to go hot stone to get the crust a little crunchier.

The only thing that I can add 'new' here is that Mickey and some others have advocated leaving the top vent off and just controlling with the bottom vent for 350F and above (and we have found that works just fine). Our add is that when doing that with pizza at 500F you can look into the top with a flashlight and see the pizza visually letting you pull it when it gets done to your liking.

Goo Goo Ga Joob!

Comments