Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe for side dish and bacon results...

Options
Gretl
Gretl Posts: 670
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
This weekend I Egged some really good applewood bacon from Wegman's. It's low sodium, with no perservatives. I cooked it on the Small indirect, on a raised grid over a drip pan until it was nice and crispy. It took about 20 minutes at 300 or thereabouts. Before putting the slices on the Egg, I laid them on a double thickness of paper towels, covered them with another, then nuked them for about 45 seconds. That was what the butcher suggested. It was by far the best bacon we ever ate.

This was posted on the FoodWine Discussion List as a side dish for a BBQ. I think it sounds like a winner. Of course you'd roast the sweet potato on the Egg![p]Sweet Potato and Ginger Salad
Serves 4 Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time 45 minutes[p]1. Preheat oven to 425F. On a nonstick rimmed baking sheet, toss 2 1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, cut into 3/4 inch chunks, with 1 tablespoon olive oil, 1 teaspoon coarse salt, and 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper; roast until fork tender, about 35 minutes.[p]2. In a large bowl, whisk together 2 tablespoons fresh orange juice, 1 tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger, and 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard.[p]3. Add scallions, thinly sliced crosswise, and potatoes; toss to coat with dressing. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve warm, cold, or at room temperature.[p]Note:
To make ahead, prepare the recipe through step 2, then cool completely before storing in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to one day. Just before serving, proceed with step 3.

Comments