Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Question about Egg vs Gas Grill

Options
2»

Comments

• greennewb
    Options
    Okay, this guy is baiting you.
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options

The best thing about a gasser is you have a tank left over to make a lighter out of:

Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• ChanningJohnson
    Options
    Don't worry, once you drop $1000 on an egg and accessories you'll have no choice but to brag about it to justify all that money you just spent : ) Seriously, though. It's a great cooking tool. And whether or not it heats up as fast as gas grill misses the point a little. If you want something fast use the stove top. I slow down when I use the egg. It's one of the few times in my life I don't feel compelled to glance at my phone to check e-mails. You are stacking sticks and creating fire. Through this timeless tradition linking you to your pre-historic ancestors, you are slowing down and constructing a thoughtful meal. Few of us actually build and create things with our hands anymore. Even if that fire is fleeting, it's extremely fascinating. If you are busy, like me, you need it more than you need something that enables you to speed through the weeks. You need a Big Green Egg to make you slow down and be present in your own life. 

How do you like that justification to spend too much on a grill?
  • tdbmd
    tdbmd Posts: 46
    Options
    I did some brats for dinner last night on the BGE.  It took me 16 min for the (not new) lump to warm up, then about 8 min for the cook and bingo, better tasting brats.