Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Looking forward to a delicious Christmas dinner? Keep our Holiday Entertaining Publication handy throughout December for all your holiday dinner needs. But you can also find some of our favorites on our Country Christmas page, including Christmas Ham and Peach Cobbler. Happy cooking!

The 17th Annual EGGtoberfest was amazing - here are the highlights Click Here

Question about table for my new medium egg

wheelermwheelerm Posts: 4
edited January 2012 in EGG Table Forum
I am planning to get a medium egg that I will out on my back porch. At first, I was going to get a nest for the egg. However, I am concerned that my two very high energy, strong dogs are going to tip the egg over. Now, I am considering the compact table even though it is so much more expensive. Will this table be more stable than the nest?

Thanks

Comments

• If you have the time, enjoy a nice project build your own or a the wooden nest that someone has displayed before.   I would believe your dogs would be able to knock over the standard nest no problems, especially if they are big or jump.

Depending on your skills you could build a simple table for about 100 bucks and in one afternoon depending on the detail you put into it. 

Good luck
  • mwraulstmwraulst Posts: 131
    you can build it for less than that. I just built one into my kitchen porch. It sits about 10 ft off the ground mounted to the house and it set me back 85 dollars. Do yourself a favor and build one. If you don't have tools, pick up a drill and a powersaw at a local pawn shop, super easy and super simple. BGE even has plans online for everysize.