Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bobby Flay

Options
TarHeelBBQ
TarHeelBBQ Posts: 317
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
I DVR the Bobby Flay show. He has a big green egg that he refers to as a green ceramic cooker. He always raves about how wonderful the egg is. He said tonight "that thing is amazing." it's pretty cool when the best griller im the USA loves the big green egg. I thought I would share with everyone.

Thanks,

TarHeelBBQ

Comments

• BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Bobby Flay is not the "best griller in the USA".  I am!!  :))

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    edited January 2012
    Options
    Hope you don't use charcoal (not lump) like Bobby will do in his Egg. And drop the hell out of the lid when closing.
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Baysidebob
    Options
    When I saw Flay using the egg he did use lump.  This guy runs hot and cold.  His stuff is worth a try but don't serve it to company until you've tested it out.  Cooking TV is swell but you never know for sure until you've done it yourself.  That's why I like the forum.  It's folks who have cooked without editors chopping film up to make it look good in time for the show.
    My actuary says I'm dead.
  • BOWHUNR
    BOWHUNR Posts: 1,487
    Options
    Mickey, Mickey, Mickey.  I told you I'm the best.  The bags of lump I buy only have fist size pieces of lump with no fines or dust.  The wind never blows here and I don't use the temp gauge, just my hand over the DFMT.  And finally,  I never use more than a kitchen match to make a blazing 800* fire.  Other than that, I'm just a regular guy.  ;)   :))

Mike
    Omaha, NE

I'm ashamed what I did for a Klondike Bar!!

Omaha, NE
  • IrishDevl
    IrishDevl Posts: 1,390
    Options
    Best griller in the USA = Bobby Flay?  Probably paying him way to much compliment there.
  • banzaitoyota
    Options
    Bobby flay soaks his chips! Amatuer!
  • Cowdogs
    Cowdogs Posts: 491
    edited January 2012
    Options

Well if we are talking about grilling, and not BBQ/Smoking, then I have to say I think Bobby is pretty damn good. He'll grill (with a lot of help) the whole meal ...a salad, main dish, sides, and dessert, and it usually is all coordinated and looks pretty good to me.

I think the crew probably sits down and actually eats the food Bobby's cooked on the show.  I would...

• IrishDevl
    Options
    I have no doubt that his food is pretty/very good.  Just a tough call on the best in the USA.  I certainly understand TarHeels post though, and yes, it is cool that (one of) the most well known grillers in the USA (and best to some) uses the egg.  I will have to give his show a look.   
  • Mighty_Quinn
    Mighty_Quinn Posts: 1,878
    Options
    The sexiest tv chef.....until Giada came along...yummy! ;)
  • IrishDevl
    Options
    Mario (Fanta pants) Batali begs to differ....