Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
We hope you had a hoppy Easter and are ready to spring into warm weather cooking mode! There’s nothing better than spending time outdoors with the sweet aroma of fresh cooked Ribs. Baseball season is also underway, so it's the perfect time to try out some chicken wing variations! We have Jamaican Jerk, Lemon Pepper, Fired-Up Wings and even a Whiskey Onion and Chicken Steak if wings aren't your thing. Bon appetit!

Big Green Egg headquarters has moved - come visit our new showroom and check out the museum and culinary center too! 3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340

Built my own table

brad11140brad11140 Posts: 44
edited January 2012 in EGG Table Forum

Have been eyeballing the eggs for years and finally made the leap. I purchased a large and decided to build my own table.

·

Comments

• GatoGato Posts: 766
    Nice job! Now get the egg in there and fire it up.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
    ·
  • I know I cant wait! I picked it up on Friday and finished building the table yesterday. Currently working graveyard shift so I have to wait till Tuesday to play with it. Ill post pics with it installed.
    ·
  • Great looking table. Nice work.

My table had a wood top, and after awhile, it got pretty nasty and stained.  I ended up putting ceramic tile on top.  Now, it's very easy to clean.

Dripping Springs, Texas.
    Just west of Austintatious

·
  • JefCB01JefCB01 Posts: 28
    Very nice!  I'm working on a table for my new large as we speak.  Hope to finish today so I can stain tomorrow.  Will post pics when finished.
    ·
  • Nice looking indeed. Pic with the egg in it would be be nice. Please post one
    ·
  • O got my casters put on, another coat of stain and moved the table outside this afternoon before work. Bottom half of the egg installed. The casters I bought did not fit on the 4x4 legs so I had the make a mod. I think it might sit to high now. Gonna have to see.

On my iPad here so will see of the image link works. If not I'll sign onto a PC in awhile and upload the picture file.

[IMG]http://i916.photobucket.com/albums/ad3/brad11140/681de697.jpg[/IMG]
    ·
  • Photobucket Pictures, Images and Photos
    ·
  • spalczespalcze Posts: 14
    Very nice looking table, may i ask what wood did you use? I am loking to make the samw one, but not sure what wood I should use.  The original plans call for red oak, but I can not afford that, so any substitute that would work?
    ·
  • bumpyebumpye Posts: 15
    I did use red oak-had trouble locating 8/4 rough sawn but I found some 2 3/4" stock for the legs. Yeah it's expensive, but what the hell...so was the egg. I'll upload pictures as soon as it's finished. I also used the Naked Whiz plans.
    ·
  • thechief96thechief96 Posts: 1,908

@brad ; I used a wheel that has a hole in the center of the plate so that you can mount it with a 1/2" lag bolt. This is the type I used. I got it from here:

http://www.castercity.com/eshop/10Expand.asp?ProductCode=3APB4X-ML&ReturnTo=../cm3a-stem.htm

Dave San Jose, CA The Duke of Loney
    ·
  • @spalcze, I used good old pine. At work we had a bunch of wood that was being tossed. So all of the 2X6 came from work. I picked up the 4X4 and the 1/2"X6 and stain from Home Depot along with the casters. Total invested on my part was about $100.
    ·