Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Nomex Gasket

btrouge
btrouge Posts: 7
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
Has anyone tried the nomex gasket?

Comments

• Gato
    Gato Posts: 766
    I have one sent to me as a replacement from BGE. No problems yet.
    Geaux Tigers!!!
  • Same here....been on for a couple of yrs.

Bob
    Alex City Al

Opelika, Alabama
  • Millsy
    Millsy Posts: 113
    I installed one this spring and it hasnt shown any wear at all.Well worth the upgrade.
  • how does it do in a high heat cook (above 600) ??  have been building to to a clean burn and want to get the replacement gasket first...cant decide which one to use...

Rockwall Texas, just east of Dallas where the humidity and heat meet! Life is too short to get caught in the fast lane behind somebody slow!

XL, LG, Sm, Mini and Weber for drink holder

• Tater
    Tater Posts: 16
    I have replaced the original gasket with the nomex one...all was fine till i did some stir frying with a big cast iron skillet with an open lid....fried the nomex one as well.  It was my fault so i think if you using with the lid closed you should be fine.  Just picked up a new nomex one yesterday but due to the cold weather where I live it might be a while before its installed....I agree that is works great and is worth the upgrade!
    Always having fun with the BGE!