Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BB Ribs

Stanley
Stanley Posts: 623
edited January 2012 in EggHead Forum
It would be hard to count the number of racks of BB ribs I've cooked on my MBGE. Tonight's was the best.

I no longer bother to attempt to strip the membrane on the backside. Damn me if you will, but I don't think it makes any difference. I no longer use mustard to get the rub to adhere. It adheres just fine w/o it. My rub of choice lately (and tonight) is Ad Hoc Sweet & Spicy BBQ Rub, which I purchased at Williams Sonoma. Not sure it matters a lot what rub you use. Rubbed (both sides) a few hours before and let it rest in the fridge. Cooked indirect at 250° for 2 hours w/o messing with it. Wrapped in HD foil and added maybe an ounce of apple juice and 1/2 oz Bourbon and wrapped tight. Back on at 250° for 90 minutes. Unwrapped and saved the juices. Put the ribs back, removing the tray so they were direct but elevated and kicked it up to about 300°. Added a couple of Tbls of hoisin and a squirt of Siracha and mopped this on both sides of the rack for maybe 30-45 minutes.

OMG. I'm just sayin'

Comments